The Boston Beer Sales Internship will expose students to the alcoholic beverage industry by learning to merchandise, promote and sell our brands (Sam Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea and Truly). Throughout the summer, you will work both independently and in a team dynamic, to increase the availability and visibility of products in local accounts (bars, restaurants, grocery & liquor stores).
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team. We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
- Execute impactful promotions for accounts in the On Premise (bars/restaurants) and Off Premise (grocery & liquor stores), sampling events, and festivals
- Improve conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of our brands
- Conduct waitstaff & bartender education sessions to drive brand awareness and volume in accounts
- Learn about the Boston Beer Company portfolio, selling process, 3-tier system and sales within the alcoholic beverage industry
- Must be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an accredited four-year college or university
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- May be required to periodically lift and/or move objects up to 50lbs
- Ability to sit in front of a computer, tablet, etc. for an extended period of time
- Bending, twisting and reaching
- Willingness to wear PPE
- Ability to tolerate cold temperatures
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle with the possibility of several times a day
- May be required to stand for several hours during the course of the work day
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display and point of sale frequently
- Potential to be in an environment that is complex that necessitates high situational awareness
- Standard office environment which includes desk, conference rooms, break rooms, etc.
- Working conditions vary greatly day to day due to customer facing nature of role
- May be the periodic requirement to work weekends and holidays to support the needs of the business
- Must be able to work the required hours for this role, which are afternoon through late evenings every day Wednesday - Sunday
- Minimum of a 10-week commitment starting early June through August
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.